Transform your existing space
Refinishing cabinets is an extensive process. It involves cleaning, filling, making necessary repairs, sanding, priming, painting and top coating. Creative Cabinets uses high-quality cabinet grade products for a factory smooth finish. Whether your cabinets are wood, painted or laminate they can be refinished. For more details, see our 5 Step Process below.
Refinishing Your Home
Our 5 Step Process
Clearly, a process is vital to delivering a great product. We pride ourselves not only on our product and services, but we are confident we’ve developed a refinishing process that is second to none. We have extensive paint facilities and spray equipment which gives our client’s a factory smooth finish.
- Step 1: Custom carpentry, embellishments & extensive prep. After design consultation, all doors, drawers and shelves are removed and taken off-site to the CCFF warehouse. This allows for kitchen use until cabinet box work begins onsite. Carpentry will be done at this point as well.
- Step 2: All cabinetry components thoroughly sanded & cleaned. All doors, drawers and shelves are thoroughly sanded and cleaned of f-site at our warehouse. Any contact paper and glue residual removed-any holes are filled. Once on-site, we follow the same procedure for your cabinet boxes-all surrounding areas are protected and area is “tented off.”
- Step 3: Cabinet top-grade priming. Once cabinets are properly prepped, we use a high-quality cabinet grade primer, and meticulously spray the cabinet surface to ensure bonding.
- Step 4: Base coating using specialty paint. Our paint is specifically designed for cabinet refinishing. This paint proves of higher quality, and is more durable than any other paint product. The basecoat is “sprayed” for a factory smooth finish. We never roll or brush!
- Step 5: Industry-approved protective topcoat finish applied. After Steps 1-4 are complete, we apply a decorative finish if desired (ie. glazing, pin striping, etc.) Then apply an industry-approved topcoat/polyurethane to ensure the highest level of protection and durability.